During our 6-month program, you’ll collaborate with fellow Upstatementers and work with our amazing roster of clients to make work that matters. Currently hiring for early 2020.
Upstatement is looking for a standout designer to be our next design apprentice. If you love the entire design process, feel excited about thinking through site strategy, build color palettes like a champ, and can polish a design in CSS, keep reading!
During the 6-month program, you’ll collaborate with creative directors, designers, and technologists to provide support across multiple project teams as you build the experience needed to take on increasingly challenging assignments. You’ll be introduced to projects at different stages and dedicate special attention to details, ensuring that each deliverable meets Upstatement’s high standards of quality.
As a Design Apprentice you could…
- Work across the entire range of our design practice, from concept to code completion
- Provide research and production support for projects and teams
- Communicate with clients and capture key insights for teams
- Deliver fresh design ideas and seamlessly extend pre-existing designs
- Produce and test front-end code
- Contribute to multiple active projects
The ideal candidate…
- Is excited about working in the digital space
- Has strong skills in generating designs and concepts, as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Possesses a keen eye for detail and a strong typographic sensibilities
- Considers how an experience works in a variety of contexts, screens, and capabilities
- Can explain and talk about their work to other designers and clients
How long does the apprenticeship last?
Our apprenticeships are usually a 6-month full-time commitment. We’ve found 6 months to be the sweet spot for both you and us to get the most out of your apprenticeship. It’s enough time for you to get comfortable, learn, practice, and contribute.
Is there a job at the end of the apprenticeship?
Hiring decisions are made on a case-by-case basis. Your performance, our hiring needs, and your desire to continue working for Upstatement would all be taken into account. In short, it’s possible but not a guarantee.
Do I have to be in college?
Nope! We welcome current students (typically junior year or later), people who are a few years out of school, people who are making a career change, and those who are self-taught.
Is it paid?
Yes! All of our apprentices are paid in real cash money.
Interested in applying?
We are currently looking for candidates with availability in early 2020. Send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio (and anything else that helps us understand what makes you awesome) to email@example.com.
Worries of “what if I’m not the perfect fit” can sometimes hold us back from applying to jobs. We want to let you in on a secret: there is no perfect candidate. Sure, we’re interested in resumes, but also the narrative beyond that resume—unique backgrounds, experiences, points of views, etc. As such—there is no set of boxes to tick in order to be a good candidate. If this is a job that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.