- The Role
Research and Solution Architecture: Engineers participate in web projects from day one: sitting in on stakeholder interviews, checking out existing codebases, and getting to know the client’s tech team. Once we have a handle on the problem space we evaluate possible technology solutions. We’re not dogmatic about any particular framework; no two clients or projects are the same, and no one technology can solve all problems effectively.
Collaboration: Engineers work as part of small multi-disciplinary teams. Designers, producers, and engineers work together every day of the project from strategy presentations through to final browser bug fixing. We kick off each day with a daily standup and check in frequently via Slack, Trello, and Github. We also keep up lightweight communication via Slack with clients—engineers at Upstatement are client-facing, so you won’t be playing telephone with account managers.
Leadership: As Lead Engineer, you’ll mentor newer team members and guide them on projects towards becoming amazing leaders in their own right. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to long-term internal projects and define best practices across the department (in the past two months we’ve had company-wide shares on GDPR, git-iquette, performance testing, and SEO).
- We Are
- Champions of resourceful engineers and best practices
- Inspired by the bleeding edge, yet pragmatic and tool agnostic
- Supporters of ambition and career development
- About You
- Professional experience in a similar role
- Fluency with one or more server-side languages
- Dominant framework/CMS familiarity
- Modern client-side skills
- Intimate knowledge of web performance and security
- Working knowledge of common testing tools and methodologies
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices
- Communicative, thoughtful, optimistic, and collaborative
- Bonus Points
- Working familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Data visualization skills
- Native app development
- DevOps experience (Docker, AWS, etc.)
- Competitive salaries
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- A company-matched retirement plan
- Healthy (and non-healthy!) snacks
- A generous, flexible vacation policy
- Company-wide closure between Christmas & New Year’s Day
- A gorgeously-designed office in a historic building near North Station, opposite TD Garden
- Skill + personal development talks, workshops, & seminars
- A yearly professional development stipend
Interested? Send a resume, cover letter and links to your website/projects/github to [email protected] with “Lead Engineer” in the subject.